1 a tube in which a body fluid circulates [syn: vas]
2 a craft designed for water transportation [syn: watercraft]
3 an object used as a container (especially for liquids)
- /ˈves.əl/, /"ves.@l/
- Rhymes: -ɛsəl
- A general term for all kinds of craft designed for transportation on water, such as ships or boats.
- A container.
- A person as a
container of qualities or feelings.
- Dolly Parton, The Seeker lyrics:
- I am a vessel that’s empty and useless I am a bad seed that fell by the wayI am a loser that wants to be a winnerAnd you are my last hopeDon’t turn me away.
- Dolly Parton, The Seeker lyrics:
- A tube or canal that carries fluid in an animal or plant.
- blood or lymph vessels in humans, xylem or phloem vessels in plants''
- broken vessel
- empty vessels make the most sound
- pressure vessel
- reaction vessel
- Czech: loď
- Dutch: vaartuig
- Finnish: alus
- French: vaisseau
- German: Schiff, Boot
- Hungarian: vízi jármű, hajó
- Italian: vascello
- Japanese: 船舶(せんぱく, senpaku)
- Korean: 배 (bae), 선박 (船舶, seonbag, -bak)
- Polish: statek
- Portuguese: barco, navio
- Russian: корабль (korábl’) , судно (súdno)
- Slovak: loď
- Spanish: navío, embarcación, buque, barco
- Swedish: fartyg
- Telugu: ఓడ (ODa)
- Czech: nádoba
- Dutch: vat
- Finnish: astia, säiliö
- French: recipient
- German: Gefäß , Behälter , Behältnis
- Greek: σκεύος (skévos) , δοχείο (docheé-o) , αγγείο (angeé-o)
- Hungarian: edény, tál
- Italian: recipiente
- Japanese: 容器(ようき, yōki)
- Korean: 그릇 (geureus, geureut)
- Polish: naczynie
- Portuguese: vasilha, vaso
- Russian: сосуд
- Slovak: nádoba
- Spanish: recipiente, receptáculo, vaso, vasija
- Telugu: పాత్ర (paatra)
tube or canal that carries fluid in an animal or plant
Vessel may refer to:
Vessel may also refer to:
- Blood vessel, a part of the circulatory system and function to transport blood throughout the body
- Lymph vessel, a thin walled, valved structure that carries lymph
- Vessel element, a cell type found in xylem
- Pressure vessel, a closed, rigid container designed to hold gases or liquids at a pressure different from the ambient pressure
- Vacuum vessel, a pressure vessel where the pressure inside the vessel is lower than the ambient pressure
- Vessel (song), a song by Nine inch nails.
- Vessel (band), a Black Metal band from California.
vessel in Danish: Fartøj
vessel in German: Gefäß
vessel in Norwegian: Container
vessel in Polish: Naczynie
vessel in Russian: Сосуды
Eustachian tube, Fallopian tube, LC, LSD, LSM, SC, aircraft carrier, aircraft tender, ammunition ship, argosy, ark, assault transport, bark, battleship, bawley, beaker, bilander, blackjack, boat, bomb ketch, bottom, bowl, brig, brigantine, bucket, bully, buss, canal, capital ship, caravel, carrier, cat, catamaran, chalice, clipper, coast guard cutter, coffee cup, communications ship, container, convoy, corsair, corvette, craft, cruiser, cutter, dandy, depot ship, destroyer, destroyer leader, destroyer tender, dhow, dispatch boat, dreadnought, dromond, duct, eagle boat, eggcup, emunctory, escort carrier, escort vessel, fire ship, first-rate, fishing smack, fistula, flagship, flattie, flattop, four-masted bark, four-master, frigate, fuel ship, galiot, galleass, galleon, glass, goblet, guided missile cruiser, gunboat, heavy cruiser, highball glass, holder, hooker, horn, hospital ship, hoy, hulk, hull, ice yacht, intestines, ironclad, jigger, junk, keel, keelboat, ketch, knockabout, landing craft, lateen, lateener, leviathan, liberty boat, light cruiser, line-of-battle ship, lorcha, loving cup, lugger, meatus, mine sweeper, minisub, monitor, mosquito boat, mug, nobby, noggin, ocean racer, ostium, outrigger, oviduct, packet, patrol boat, picketboat, pilot boat, pinnace, piragua, pirogue, pony, pore, pram, privateer, protected cruiser, pungy, racing yacht, raider, ram, receiver, receiving ship, receptacle, reconnaissance ship, rigger, rocket boat, sailing auxiliary, sailing canoe, sailing dinghy, sailing packet, sailing trawler, salpinx, sampan, sandbagger, schooner, schooper, scooter, scout, scout cruiser, seaplane carrier, shallop, sharpie, shell, ship, ship of war, shipentine, shipplane carrier, shot glass, skipjack, sloop, smack, smack boat, snow, spy ship, stein, storeship, storm boat, submarine, submarine chaser, submarine patrol boat, submarine tender, submersible, superdreadnought, sweeper, tankard, tanker, tartan, tassie, teacup, tender, thoracic duct, topsail schooner, transport, trimaran, troopship, tub, tumbler, turret ship, ureter, urethra, utensil, vagina, vas, warship, watercraft, well smack, whaler, wineglass, wool-clipper, xebec, yacht, yawl